VIDEO: Rural Studio: A Story of Solutions
The AIA presents a short documentary film on Rural Studio, Auburn University’s community-oriented, design-build program dedicated to improving the western Alabama region with good design. The Rural Studio film launches the 2016 Film Challenge, inviting filmmakers and architects to team up and tell stories of how architecture is solving a problem facing us today in communities, big or small, across the country. Together, we can tell these important stories that need to be told. Register at http://ilookup.org/filmchallenge.
LOOK UP FILM CHALLENGE DETAILS:
What: I Look Up Film Challenge, a short film competition that challenges participants to make a short film about ‘Architecture as a Solution’.
When: Registration: May 19th - July 10th, 2016
Challenge: July 18 - August 14
Final Submission: August 14th, 2016
- Opportunity for distribution of winning film at the Architecture & Design Film Festival in New York, September 28 – October 2, 2016,
- Opportunity for distribution of winning film at the SXSW Eco Conference, October 10 – October 12, 2016,
- Opportunity for distribution of winning film at the Architecture & Design Film Festival in Los Angeles, November 16 – November 20, 2016, and the following cash prizes:
- A total sum of two thousand and five hundred dollars ($2,500) for the Grand Prize Winner,
- A total sum of two thousand and five hundred dollars ($2,500) for the Public Choice Award winner.
AIA: Based in Washington, D.C., and with nearly 300 U.S. chapters, the AIA has been the leading voice and association for licensed architects, emerging professionals, and allied partners since 1857.
CSpence: CSpence Group is a creative and film agency that works with purpose-based organizations to create collaborative, high-impact experiences, productions and content from a Millennial perspective.
Students of the World: Students of the World is a nonprofit entity supporting creators of all kinds for over 15 years in their quest to use their talent as a force for good, telling stories with real impact—stories that matter.
Full Official Rules for the AIA I Look Up Film Challenge can be found here.